- Made in America
- Easy to install
- Most Versatile Snow Guard Available!
- Can be installed with screws, adhesive or tape
- Safely breaks apart sliding snow and ice!
The SnowBreakers are snow splitter snow guards for metal roofs. Rather than hold the snow and ice on the roof, this product breaks it up so it can shed from the roof in smaller pieces, thus minimizing the danger. This is the best of both worlds because the snow and ice can shed the roof faster than conventional snow retention while providing a level of safety protection.
The SnowBreaker can be installed on both types of roofs:
- Screw Down Roof with Exposed Fasteners: you can simply use the screw down version of the SnowBreaker that fastens down into a purlin or structural support below.
- Standing Seam Roof: You can elect to install the SnowBreaker with the SB-190 adhesive version, temperature permitting or 3m tape option as a temporary solution when temperature requirements can not be met for the SB-190 . (3M tape option will still require a bead of SB-190 around the perimeter for extra protection and should not be used when ground snow loads exceed 25 PSF. One tube of SB-190 is included with every 50 SnowBreaker 3M guards) Smaller order quantities have the price of the SB-190 perimeter sealer built in the price per guard.
Safe for You and Your Roof
The SnowBreaker is very effective in preventing damage caused by the sudden release of snow and ice, all with less worries of overloading your roof. No other snow guard can make this claim! As the snow and ice slide on the roof, this cost-effective product minimizes the danger by slicing the frozen precipitation into small pieces so it can safely come off the roof.
Because of the cutting edge design, it is not conducive to receiving a significant sheer load so there is a peel and stick version for installation in cooler weather. The 3m tape requires a minimum temperatures of 50 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 72 hours and should only be considered a temporary attachment solution. The 3M tape was professionally tested to have an average holding strength of 234 pounds of shear strength before releasing from the panel.
The Solution for Isolated Areas and Doorways
In theory, a snow guard can not hold snow and ice in an isolated area on a roof because the load of the frozen mass will extend to the unprotected area. This severely overloads the snow retention system and will cause premature release and eventual failure. The SnowBreaker is not designed to hold snow for very long so this theory can be modified by placing the SnowBreaker in a 45 degree outward angle over the desired isolated area to protect. This is a huge cost savings over conventional snow guard systems that require the entire roof area to have snow retention just to protect isolated areas. Please see Isolated Placement Guide for guidelines on isolated areas.
The 3M SnowBreaker comes with pre-attached tape and 1 tube of SureBond SB-190 per 50 SnowBreaker 3M's. This is used to apply a bead of adhesive around the entire perimeter. Minimum order is 25.
Cut Sheet Specification Sheet Installation Instructions